1 1/2 Lbs Zucchini
3 Tbsp Butter
1 Small Onion Chopped (White)
6 Cups Chicken Stock
1/4 Cup Rice
3/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
Instructions and Notes:
1. Cut off ends of zucchini and shred.
2. Melt butter over low heat.
3. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes until softened.
4. Add zucchini and thyme and raise heat to medium.
5. Add chicken stock and rice, then bring to a boil.
6. Once at a boil, reduce to low and maintain a steady simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is very tender, about 15 minutes.
7. Working in batches if necessary, whirl soup in a blender or food processor until very smooth (at least 1 minute per batch).
8. Return pureed soup to pot. Add salt and pepper, if you like, to taste.