Baked gnocchi with bacon, tomato and mozzarella
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1.2 Lbs (500g) store-bought gnocchi
- 1/2 Lb (250g) bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 14oz (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cream/yoghurt
- large handful fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3.5 oz (100g) mozzarella, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F (200°c)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- In the meantime, make the sauce.
- In a large, hot frying pan, fry the bacon until starting to crisp with most of the fat rendered.
- Pour off most of the fat then add the garlic and smoked paprika and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add all of the tomatoes and the sugar and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cream/yoghurt, parsley and seasoning.
- Cook the gnocchi in the salted water until it starts floating to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the sauce.
- Transfer the gnocchi and sauce to an oven-proof dish and top with the sliced mozzarella.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the mozzarella is melted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Found this on Pinterest… it was pretty good.